Hi, I’m Brandon.
I’ve been a pastor for over twenty-five years. I’ve served as a pastor to congregations of a few dozen people all the way to one of America’s largest and most influential churches, having spent most of those years preparing and preaching sermons every week.
In 2021, my wife, Angie, and I stepped away from the church we had planted a decade earlier for a much-needed season of rest from vocational ministry. And recently, I decided to launch this website to come alongside leaders still serving and speaking and offer encouragement and resources.
And I’m so glad you’re here!
Preaching for Change is a work in progress. My vision includes six big components:
- I want to offer content to encourage you including articles and podcast episodes that are both practically helpful and personally encouraging.
- I want to offer courses to equip you to teach, preach, speak, and communicate spiritual truth more effectively.
- I want to build a library of freely available sermon starters, outlines, graphics, and ideas.
- I want to facilitate community to support you in the form of a Facebook group where you can lean into the strength of others serving elsewhere.
- I want to offer coaching to empower you by helping you break through your biggest barriers to achieve your biggest goals as a leader and communicator.
- And I want to collect resources to help you including links, book recommendations, podcasts, and whatever else I find to pass along.
Please be patient as I get it all up and going and don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally if I can help you in any way at all.
In the meantime, please subscribe to The Reflectionary below. It’s my free weekly newsletter offering inspiration and preaching ideas from all of the upcoming readings assigned in the Revised Common Lectionary as well as other resources.
May you feel equipped to share the good news this coming weekend with great passion and power!
Brandon A. Cox