Psalm 104:24-34, 35b
In the Genesis reading (11:1-9), we see the pinnacle of early mankind’s accomplishments apart from God, which didn’t and couldn’t last.
The 104th psalm gives us a grand tour of the universe and puts on display what God has created. And there is no comparison.
The universe God has created is absolutely mind-boggling. For example:
- It takes our sun 225 million years to travel around our galaxy one time.
- A spoonful of a neutron star weighs around one million tons.
- There are an estimated 400 billion stars in our galaxy.
- There could be 500 million planets in our galaxy that could sustain life.
- There are over 170 billion galaxies in the observable universe.
- The human brain is the most complex object in the known universe.
All of these facts about the universe beyond earth’s atmosphere are cool, but what’s even more amazing is the fine detail with which God has carefully crafted life on earth. We live in a beautiful world.
Everything about all of nature is designed to be a reflection of the goodness and character of its Creator, including you!